Montag, 5. Dezember 2011

Advent Calender and Day 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5

 
Hi,
so it's been awhile since I've written something. I knew this was going to happen. I'm one of these people who start things and have hard time going through with it. But I am back, with lots and lots of things.
I made an advent calender for my niece and lots of the things, I put in it, are actually hand-made... So I'm going to show you aaalll the things one by one. Over the next month. Hopefully...
Advent calenders are a big thing over here in Germany, but maybe I have overdone it a little with the work I've put in, but it was worth it.
For my advent calender I was inspired by this one. I found it through Tip Junkie, who has a post about advent calenders.
It is from Infarrantly Creative and here is the link to the post.
And here is my version. I couldn't find any little cheap pots with those holder thingis, so I improvised with ribbon.
 
Sorry, about the name, I had to blur it.
I also added green stripes and some of the stripes are glittered. Also I don't own a cutting machine, so I hand-wrote the letters. Not perfect, but I like them, anyway. The font is Curlz MT, that came with my Microsoft Word. It's great for Christmas, I think.
So now, let's start with the individual days

Day 1

Taaadaaa:
These are shooting stars and they are great for throwing. They fly really nicely. I love them! I was inspired by this Etsy-Shop-Item:


Day 2

 I love this frisbee. It's great for a boring rainy day.
and from the back:

The tutorial is from Tea Rose Home and you can find it here. This is her version:
I didn't use batting, I used the stuffing, that is used for stuffed animals and such.

Day 3
  I made another one of these shooting stars, because I thought one wasn't enough.

Day 4

This is one of the things I actually bought. It's one of these chocolate spoons, which dissolve in hot milk and become a delicious hot chocolate. But I have a recipe on Pinterest, if you like to make your own. Here it is and here is the link on Pinterest, in case you are Pin-Addict like me. 

 
Day 5 

Many, many years ago my grandmother made me and my sisters little draw-string bags for St. Nicholas Day on Dec. 6th. On this day German kids put out one of their boots in the evening before that day so they can find a little gift from St. Nicholas on the morning of Dec. 6th. Our bags were blue and embroidered with Santa Claus, who for us comes on Dec. 6th not on Christmas (I will explain that later, if you want). Since I suck at embroidery (you can see that on the handstitches around the shooting stars, also I will not take all the blame, the thread was HORRIBLE), I made a different kind of bag. I was inspired by this paper Santa Claus found here

This is what I came up with:
And here is the Santa Claus. It's made out of felt and fur.

So this is it for today. If I can manage it, I will post on everyday of this december... We'll see, hope you'll stick with me, even if I disappear every once in awhile.
Have a happy pre-Christmas-time



Hi,
also es ist schon eine Weile her, dass ich was gepostet habe. Ich wusste schon, dass das passieren wird. Ich bin eine von diesen Menschen, die was anfangen und es dann schwer haben, die Sachen zu Ende zu bringen. Aber ich bin zurück und das sogar mit vielen, vielen tollen Sachen.
Ich hab einen Adventskalender für meine Nichte gemacht und die meisten Türchen habe ich sogar selber gemacht.  Und die werde ich euch zeigen. Ein Türchen nach dem anderen. Jeden Tag eins. Hoffentlich ;o)
Vielleicht hab ichs ein bisschen übertrieben mit den ganzen Sachen, aber irgendwie war des die Sache einfach wert.
Inspiriert worden, bin ich von diesem Adventskalender. Den hab ich von Tip Junkie, die haben einen tollen Post über Adventskalender.


Der hier ist von Infarrantly Creative und hier ist der Link zu diesem Post.
Und hier ist meine Version. Ich konnte leider keine billigen Töpfchen mit Henkeln dran finden, also habe ich mit Satinband improvisiert.
 
Tut mir leid, aber ich hab den Namen mit Picasa verpixelt.
Ich hab mich für Streifen auf dem Board entschieden, von denen einige auch noch beglitzert sind. Ich hatte auch keine Vinyl-Buchstaben, ich hab sie also per Hand geschrieben. Die Schriftart, die ich als Vorlage benutzt hab, ist Curlz MT. Die war bei meinem Microsoft Word dabei.
Also fangen wir jetzt an mit den einzelnen Türchen.

Tür 1


Taaadaaa:
Das ist eine Sternschnuppe, mit der man werfen und fangen üben kann. Sie fliegen wirklich wahnsinnig toll. Inspiriert wurde ich von diesem Etsy-Shop-Artikel:




Tür 2
 Ich liebe diese Frisbee. Die ist toll für einen langweiligen Regentag.
und von hinten.
Das Tutorial kommt von Tea Rose Home und hier ist der Link zu dem Post. Das ist ihre Version.
Ich hab Füllmaterial, das man für Stofftiere und so benutzt, verwendet, anstatt dem Quilt-Batting.

Tür 3
Und noch einen von diesen tollen Sternschnuppen (oder auch wie meine Mama sagt: Wurfsterne ;o))
Ich hab mir gedacht, eine Sternschnuppe ist nicht genug.

Tür 4
Hier kommt eins von den Sachen, die ich tatsächlich gekauft hab. Es ist ein Schokoladenlöffel, den man in heiße Milch taucht, um leckere heiße Schokolade zu bekommen. Ich hab allerdings auch ein Rezept zum Selbermachen auf Pinterest. Hier ist es und hier ist der Link zu Pinterest, falls hier jemand auch noch ein Pin-Addict ist, wie ich bin.


 
Tür 5 
Vor vielen, vielen Jahren hat meine Oma mir und meinen Schwestern Nikolaus-Beutel genäht. Sie sind blau und mit einem Nikolaus bestickt, aber leider bin ich ziemlich schlecht im Sticken (Beweise gibts oben, bei den Handstichen von den Sternschnuppen, aber der Faden war auch echt doof, also nehm ich nicht alle Schuld auf mich!)
Also für meine Tasche, habe ich mich von diesem Papier-Nikolaus inspieren lassen:


Und hier ist sie:

Und hier ist der Nikolaus noch genauer. Er ist aus Filz und Fell.
Ok, also das ist es für heute. Wenn ichs schaff, dann poste ich jetzt jeden Tag für den Dezember. Mal sehen, ob ich das schaffe.
Eine schöne Adventszeit an alle.

 


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Print and PDF